Warrior Dash SoCal (warning: long, and photo-heavy)
On April 2, I made the trip to southern California for my second Warrior Dash. As expected, it was epic.
Pre-race (we’re still clean!):
During the race:
After this, my camera was so full of mud that the button got stuck, so, the next photos are from sportphoto.com.
This guy was right behind me in the mud pit.
Post Race Photos:
Post Warrior Wash (it took a lot of effort to get the mud out of my camera button, but we got it working)
At the end of each event, they collect a pile of muddy shoes. The shoes are then donated to Green Sneakers, a non-profit who collects used shoes, and makes them available as affordable footwear to those who need them.
After the race, there was food, live music, and beer. After cleaning up a bit at our hotel, we went to Dave and Buster’s to refuel. It was a fantastic weekend, and I can’t wait for the October NorCal Dash.
Wanna dash? Check out the Warrior Dash website for dash locations near you. It is 100% worth it.
Things to bring:
- Water. Both to drink and to wash off with.
- Extra clothes (underwear, shoes/sandals, etc)
- Towels. Lots of them.
- Cash. (you can’t get food, extra beer, or warrior gear without it)
- I.D. and your release form to pick up your packet
- A waterproof camera (trust me, you’ll want pictures)
- A sober driver
- A great costume (you’ll feel out of place without one)